Here is my first post^^
I want to share my mom’s bakmoy recipe. When i was child this is my favorite food and i always ask my mom to cook it. One is never enough. I’ve said my mom’s bakmoy is very special.
Bakmoy is like soup with sweet chicken, pork, and shrimp meats. The taste of the soup is salty and very rich taste. So, you have sweet from meat, and salty taste from the soup and usually you eat it with shrimp paste chili.
2 pcs Whole chicken (I prefer the one which have chicken fat on it)
1 kg Pork (Use samcan, have both fat and meat in there)
½ kg Shrimp
Shrimp paste chili
How to cook it :
1. Prepare 2 pot to boil chicken and pork
2. Boil chicken and pork +/- 15-30 minutes depends on the meat
3. Meanwhile, make shrimp ball : in pestle put 3 pcs garlic and salt, and crushed until soft, add the shrimp and crushed until soft, put 2 eggs, and give 8 tbs tapioca starch, mix well and make a shape like ball, fry in the hot oil. After you fried it, slice shrimp ball to be tiny cube shape
4. Cut 3 cloves of garlic, and sliced it thin, fry in the hot oil
5. After the chicken and pork meat done boil, slice the meat tiny cube shape, put aside the bones chicken to make the soup
6. In the wok, heat oil (I use chicken or pork oil), put the chicken and pork meat and add some soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, salt and pepper. The quantity depends on the meat and just adjust the taste, the taste must be sweet but not too much. After done sprinkle the crushed fried garlic
7. To make the soup, mix pork and chicken stock in the pot, add 2 glass of water. Put the chicken bones back into the pot. Bring it to boil +/- 30 minutes with low heat. After that add 3 tsp salt, 2 tsp pepper, and soy sauce. You can add sesame oil or fish sauce too.
8. Meanwhile, you can boiled some egg and chop celery
9. To make shrimp paste chili : boil 8 pcs chilies +/- 10-15 minutes. After that, chrush the chili in the mortar with salt, add shrimp paste in the end. Mix both until it become one
10. After you prepare all that, you can mix the meat, egg, celery, and chili with warm rice, and last pour the soup in it. Enjoy!!
Food, Love, People
-Bon Appétit –